- 2019 – 2021 Master degree in Computer Science at Tsinghua University, Beijing, China.
- 2016 – 2019 Bachelor degree in Computer Science at Padova University, Padova, Italy.
Languages: Italian, English, Chinese.
Interests: Deep Learning, Computer vision, Algorithms, Matematichs, Videogames, Japanese anime, Chinese language, Track and Field, Marathon, Martial arts.
Davide Liu completed his Bachelor’s in Computer Science in Italy at the University of Padova in 2019 and obtained his Master’s in Advanced Computing at Tsinghua University in 2021 conducting research in Reinforcement Learning and Security in AI. His goal is to use AI in a safe and smart way to improve the quality of our life. During his studies, he had the opportunity to attend internships in two AI startups: one in Italy where he improved an existing computer vision algorithm that lead to winning a challenge organized by the US Pentagon, and one in China doing research on novel architectures for recommendation systems which lead to two conference publications. Currently, he is working full-time as AI researcher at SenseTime in Beijing. Outside of his professional life, Davide is an online blogger, athlete, and videogames developer.
2019-2019 Studiomapp, Italy, Ravenna (link)
- Developed an algorithm to enhance the metrics result obtained performing object detection on high resolution satellite images from the xView dataset.
- Developed and tested an algorithm to detect and track specific objects on videos exploiting Faster-RCNN and Kalman filter.
2020-2021 Genify, China, Beijing (link)
- Used Amazon Personalize AutoML tool to build and test a banking products recommendation system.
- Used Transformer to implement a novel banking product recommendation system performing better than state-of-the-art existing models.
- Early development of the platform EZ-loan used to estimate credit score of unbanked customers.
- Clustering of financial transactions with ML.
- First place at BSF Hackathon by Banque Saudi Fransi.
- First place at MINT Hackathon by EGbank.
2020-2021 Tsinghua University, China, Beijing (link)
- Teaching assistant of Italian language course during the fall semester of 2020 and spring semester of 2021 (80+ students each semester).
2021- SenseTime, China, Beijing (link)
- Main developer of DI-engine and its ecosystem: a generalized, distributed, and scalable decision intelligence engine that supports various deep reinforcement learning algorithms.
- Research, development, optimization, analysis, benchmark, and documentation of several deep reinforcement learning algorithms
- Researcher at OpenDIlLab
IJCNN ’22 – BRec the Bank: Context-aware Self-attentive Encoder for Banking Products Recommendation – Oral presentation – Italy, Padova